ML Works fixed trade promotions for a prominent CPG client
Sheryl was responsible for the revenue growth management (RGM) of a Fortune 500 CPG company that operates in 13 countries. Despite the deployment of machine learning models, trade promotions remained somewhat of a ‘black-box’ because of huge permutations of 1000 SKUs in 20 retail locations. Further, 156,000 models crossed with each other.
Sheryl struggled to optimize the impact of promotional activities on sales & profitability and provide accurate insights to the firm’s 56,000 trade promotion managers.
ML Works changed the trade promotions status quo
ML Works’ drift detection module helped Sheryl capture the efficacy & data drifts in models and restructure the trade promotion expenditures to achieve market diversification.
- Monitoring the models in production.
- Capturing models’ accuracy & data drifts.
- Flagging and alerting users on breakage(s) in the model pipeline.
- $300M, otherwise at risks due to spending on costly trade promotions, are now better utilized.
- Now, promotional campaigns are more transparent.
- 56K trade promotion managers are happy with Sheryl. And Sheryl is happy with Tredence.